Khaled al-Asaad Museum, Arona Italy
The exhibition at the Khaled al-Asaad Museum in Arona highlights multiple facets of the importance of cultural heritage. The experience brings together modern technology and the traditional museum experience, for a holistic view of cultural heritage and its preservation.
Visitors will find displays, multimedia, and hands-on activities that deal with . . .
- Palmyra, it's history and importance on the world stage and the tragedy of its systematic destruction
- Other important sites in Syria that have been threatened by violence or been destroyed
- Panoramic virtual tours of some of the most beautiful sites in Syria, including parts of Aleppo that are no longer standing
- The importance of technology in Archaeology, including explorations of different techniques
- The opportunity to use a 3D anaglyph camera
- A journey through the process of creating and building the IDA's scale recreation of the Triumphal Arch of Palmyra